Wednesday, August 9, 2017


"On the Croton River"
12" x 9", oil on canvas
This is the first of eighteen posts documenting the show that I had with Lavinia Wiggins
at the John C. Hart Memorial Library in June. What a great opening we had! Music by John Fiscella and his son Eddie, really fantastic jazz and then their friend showed up to round out the performance. 

Some of the paintings (like this one) have already appeared on my blog, and some of the paintings are completely new for the show. "Wish You Were Here," was the show title and it's all about postcards. The places we've been and, at least in my case, the places I want to have been.
(For example, coming up is "Venice." I have never been there. Yet.)

Anyway back to Croton, I was bicycling and saw this guy kayaking and threw down the bike, grabbed my phone and shot this sunset picture of his quiet journey.
That's the Croton Train Station in the background.

No comments: