Saturday, January 28, 2017

#28 "Stitches"


"Stitches," 8" x 6"
Painting this butterfly was like filling in a jigsaw puzzle with its beautiful
markings. And I especially liked the stitching around the edges of the wings,
dark on light, and light on dark.
I'll probably have to touch this up but must wait til it's dry.
Another note: I would've normally put a green or blue background behind a yellow orange butterfly, but saw a striking book cover in the library yesterday that had a yellow butterfly on a yellow background!


3 comments:

Marty Shively said...

I visited a museum in Colorado of exotic insects & decided to do a wooded sculpture of one - it looks much like yours.. Great job!

Mellowood Gallery said...

a lovely piece, Sharon and I think the tan background looks good,it make the whole painting work together.

SharonKullberg said...

I'd love to see it!