Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day six - "The Shell, III"






"The Shell, III"
6" x 8" Oil on Canvas

This will probably be my last painting of this shell for now.
I wanted a dark background for the drama, especially to highlight
the gorgeous white edge of the cavernous entrance to this creature's domicile.
I'm sure that the creators of the film "Alien" got some of their inspiration 
from shells, a movie that my husband still has scars on his hand from when I scratched
him in mortal terror.   or so he says ;)



2 comments:

laurelle said...

I am glad you decided to do a third interpretation of this shell. The composition is stunning. The beautiful shadows, the brushwork in the form of the shell, the view you chose...love this painting!

Mellowood Gallery said...

I like the layout of this piece as it shows the shell to best advantage. Well done Sharon!